Travel in Tonbridge
This page provides some useful guidance to travel in Tonbridge by the following modes of transport:
Tonbridge is well connected on the railway network and it is possible to travel direct to the following destinations:
- London: Charing Cross, Waterloo East, and London Bridge (during Peak hours some direct services to Victoria, Cannon Street, East Croydon, and Clapham Junction)
- East Kent: Ashford, Canterbury, Dover, Folkestone, Margate, and Ramsgate
- North Kent: Maidstone and Strood
- South West Kent and East Sussex: Hastings and Tunbridge Wells
- Surrey: Edenbridge and Redhill. Change at Redhill for trains to Gatwick Airport
Unfortunately, since December 2008 it is no longer possible to travel directly to Gatwick Airport. One of TLC's goals is to get this direct link to Gatwick Airport re-established. We encourage you to write to your MP to get this line re-instated.
In past times it was also possible to travel direct to places such as Reading and Brighton.
Timetables for all the above routes except for Edenbridge and Redhill are available from Southeastern. The timetable for the Redhill line is available from Southern.
Tonbridge has a reasonably well established bus network. Anybody aged over 60 can travel on all buses free of charge. A summary of the routes is given below:
- 7: Tunbridge Wells - Southborough - Tonbridge - Hadlow - Maidstone
- 77: Tunbridge Wells - Southborough - Tonbridge - Hadlow - Kings Hill
- 202: Tonbridge Local Service - Hildenborough
- 204: Tonbridge - Hildenborough - Underriver
- 207: Tunbridge Wells - Southborough - Tonbridge - Five Oak Green - Paddock Wood - Horsmonden
- 210: Tonbridge - Hildenborough - Leigh
- 211: Tonbridge Local Service
- 218: Tonbridge - Higham Wood - Willow Lea - Tonbridge
- 219: Tonbridge - Willow Lea - Higham Wood - Tonbridge
- 402: Tunbridge Wells - Southborough - Tonbridge - Hildenborough - Sevenoaks - Pratts Bottom - Bromley
- 403: Tunbridge Wells - Southborough - Tonbridge - Hildenborough - Sevenoaks - Otford - Swanley - Dartford - Bluewater
Bus timetables for all these routes are available from Traveline.
A summary of the buses to catch to several towns is given below:
- Hadlow: 7, 77
- Hildenborough: 202, 204, 210, 402
- Maidstone: 7
- London - Bromley: 402
- Sevenoaks: 402
- Tunbridge Wells: 7, 77, 207, 402, 403
All bus routes listed above are operated by Arriva primarily from Tunbridge Wells bus garage.
Tonbridge and its environs has some beautiful cycling routes. Some cycling attractions and shops are listed below:
- Tonbridge to Penshurst - route
There are many car parks in TonbridgeL
- TMBC car parks: Car parks operated by Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council
- Train Station car park: Car park operated by South Eastern Trains
Note that from July to November 2014 there will be a temporary reduction in car parking at Tonbridge station.