Travel in Paddock Wood
This page provides some useful guidance on travel in Paddock Wood by the following modes of transport:
Paddock Wood is on the main line between Tonbridge and Ashford and is also the terminus of the Medway Valley Line to Maidstine and Strood. It is possible to travel direct to the following destinations:
- London via Tonbridge: Charing Cross, Waterloo East, and London Bridge (during peak hours Mon-Fri there are some direct services to and from Cannon Street)
- East Kent: Ashford, Canterbury, Dover, Folkestone, Margate, and Ramsgate
- North Kent: Maidstone and Strood (Medway Valley Line)
Timetables for these services are available from Southeastern. Please note that to travel to Tunbridge Wells or other destinations on the Hastings line a change at Tonbridge is necessary.
Paddock Wood has a limited bus service consisting of two routes:
- 6/6A: Tunbridge Wells - Pembury - Matfield (not 6A) - Paddock Wood - East Peckham - Maidstone
- 205: Tonbridge - Tudeley - Five Oak Green - Paddock Wood
Bus timetables for all these routes are available from Traveline.
A summary of the buses to catch to several towns is given below:
- Tonbridge: 205
- Tunbridge Wells: 6, 6A
- Maidstone: 6, 6A
Paddock Wood is in a flat area of countryside which lends itself to cycling. There are cycle parking stands at the station.
There are several car parks near Paddock Wood station. Local car parks include:
- Paddock Wood station car park: the official car park at the station has varying prices for daily parking (according whether it's a weekday or weekend) and weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual season tickets are also available
- Commercial Road council car parks: These two car parks are owned by Tunbridge Wells Borough Council and are primarily short term shoppers' car parks, with the first two hours free - all day parking is possible but very expensive (althought free on Sundays) and there are a small number of season tickets available (contact TWBC for details)
- Commercial Road private car park: a privately owned car park with daily parking at much cheaper rates than the council car park
- Waitrose Supermarket: has a car park right by the station in Station Road but there is a 2 hour time limit
On street parking is either resident permit holders only or time limited on Monday-Friday within about 0.5 miles of the station. Outside of this area or at weekends, on-street parking is generally free.