Tonbridge is well connected on the railway network and it is possible to travel direct to the following destinations:
- London: Charing Cross, Waterloo East, and London Bridge (during peak hours some direct services to Cannon Street)
- East Kent: Ashford, Canterbury, Dover, Folkestone and Ramsgate
- North Kent: Maidstone and Strood
- South West Kent and East Sussex: Hastings and Tunbridge Wells
- Surrey and South London: Edenbridge, Redhill and East Croydon; change at Redhill for trains to Gatwick Airport
Unfortunately, since December 2008 it is no longer possible to travel directly to Gatwick Airport. One of TLC’s goals is to get this direct link to Gatwick Airport re-established. We encourage you to write to your MP to get this line re-instated. In past times it was also possible to travel direct to places such as Reading and Brighton.
Tonbridge has a reasonably well established bus network. Older travellers can travel on buses free of charge – see information from Kent County Council to see whether you qualify. A summary of the routes is given below:
- 7: Tunbridge Wells – Southborough – Tonbridge – Hadlow – Maidstone
- 77: Tunbridge Wells – Southborough – Tonbridge – Hadlow – Kings Hill
- 202: Tonbridge Local Service – Hildenborough
- 204: Tonbridge – Hildenborough – Underriver
- 205: Tonbridge – Paddock Wood
- 208: East Peckham – Tonbridge – Pembury
- 210: Tonbridge – Hildenborough – Leigh
- 211: Tonbridge Local Service
- 218: Tunbridge Wells Hospital – Tonbridge – Higham Wood – Willow Lea – Tonbridge
- 219: Tunbridge Wells Hospital – Tonbridge – Willow Lea – Higham Wood – Tonbridge
- 222: Tunbridge Wells – Tonbridge – Shipbourne – Borough Green
- 401 (Sun only): Tonbridge – Hildenborough – Sevenoaks – Westerham
- 402: Tunbridge Wells – Southborough – Tonbridge – Hildenborough – Sevenoaks – Dunton Green
- 435: Tonbridge – Weald – Sevenoaks
Bus timetables for all these routes are available from Traveline.
A summary of the buses to catch to several towns is given below:
- Hadlow: 7, 77
- Hildenborough: 202, 204, 210, 402
- Maidstone: 7
- Sevenoaks: 402, 435
- Tunbridge Wells: 7, 77, 222, 402
The majority of the bus routes listed above are operated by Arriva, primarily from Tunbridge Wells bus garage.
Tonbridge and its environs has some beautiful cycling routes, including the dedicated Tonbridge to Penshurst cycle route. There is motorcycle and cycle parking at the station.
There are many car parks in Tonbridge: